Well yesterday at the range was a great experience. Normally when I go to Desert Willow after work there is a Jr. Golf Academy class taking place. They split the kids up into two groups and take half to the chipping area and the others work on the range. Not last night. No class last night so the range and the chipping area was a ghost town.
I got my normal large bucket and went through my routine. It always seems like the first 5-10 balls I hit are horrible shots. Chunk here, shank there. Need to figure something out, either warm up better or something. Once I got into a good rhythm I was real happy with how the rest of the bucket went. Really trying to stay focused on my new back swing. I started applying it to my Driver swing and was having some success. The ball was flying tonight! I have to admit, I’m really happy with the way I’m hitting my driver.
What I usually do when I’m done with my bucket is head over to the putting green and putt for a while. Tonight though with no one on the chipping green I went there instead of the putting green. Two hours later I was walking back to the truck. WOW. Can’t believe I chipped and pitched for two hours. That was honestly the most fun I have had on the range in a while. I was taking three clubs, my 60° Cleveland wedge, my 52° ping wedge and my SW. I’d hit twelve shots go get the balls and hit twelve more with the next club. This was from about 50 yards out. Then I just made my way around the green in different spots chipping. Man that was fun. Some if the best feedback I have ever gotten from a range session. Why haven’t I been doing this all along.
So I’m definitely looking forward to my next range session. I feel like it’s starting to come together.
No comments:
Post a Comment