Friday, June 4, 2010

Its been a while...

I kinda abandoned my duties to this blog over the last few weeks. My life has been crazy busy. We just got back yesterday from that camping trip I talked about before and the week leading up to it took up most of my time. But, I’m back and ready to go so I’ll give a quick run down of what’s taken place in the last month. .

The most exciting news for me to tell is about where I’m playing my next round at. Silver Lakes Golf Club in Alabama! Man I’m excited. The wife is from Alabama and we try to make it back there as often as we can to see her relatives and friends. Her closest friend is getting married and she is a member of the wedding party. So I took it upon myself to find a course to play while were out there. The wedding is in Birmingham and her family lives about hour and a half north east of there. I looked all over and thought I had found a great course in Birmingham, but the wife let me know that while we were in Birmingham my main duties would be watching the girls while she was partaking in wedding event things and such. Bummer, so I started to look closer to where we were staying up North the first four days we were there. That’s when I found Silver Lakes. Its part of the Robert Trent Jones Trail, that’s pretty well known, well not known to me, but I’ve mentioned it to a couple of people that I know that play golf and all of them knew about it. So I got me a tee time booked, and I can’t wait!

The range has been about the same. No major development to speak of. I’ve been to Willow once and Callaway once since my last round at Aliante. Time just hasn’t been on my side. The camping trip took up a lot of my free time, and now we have a quick turn around to get repacked and head out to Alabama. So off I go to the Southeast, hopefully I have something good to write about when I get back!

No comments:

Post a Comment