Saturday, May 8, 2010

Snowmen in May, not what I wanted to see.

What an incredible day. The weather was perfect, the course was in great shape, met a really nice old timer (that smoked us all!) I had a really great time.

Ok, that was the good. We had an early tee time which was nice. It wasn’t hot at all. It actually felt really nice out. I was curious how Randy was able to get us a Saturday morning tee time at Aliante, and when we were directed to the #10 tee box I now knew how. I the last person who can complain about anything on a golf course, I’m not at that level of a player yet but, I do not like starting my round on #10. Don’t know why, I just don’t. The good thing about starting early on #10 was there was no one behind us and no one in front of us. Just a wide open golf course, woo hoo.

My first tee shot went way, way right. It actually landed on the 18th fairway, real bad. I got to the ball and had a really nice lie. Got out my I had about 185 to the middle of the green over a ditch and some trees. I used my 7W because I wanted to be sure to clear the ditch and give myself a decent 3rd shot. I sliced that shot too. Worse off it went into the ditch and I couldn’t play the ball, penalty stroke. Hit the green with my next shot and 3 putted for an opening hole 7!
Not a lot went well on the front (the back). Out in 57, the only good thing can remember was my tee shot on #9 (#18) I smoked it dead center about 260 yards! I’m not going to tell you how I managed to take 7 strokes from 146 yards out to finish that hole but, it’s a feat not too many people can accomplish.

The back nine (front nine) went much, much better. I pared hole #10 (#1) and got off to a good start. I ended the back (front) with a 51 for a grand total of 108. That’s three rounds in a row where I have shot lower than the previous round, all be it 1 stroke each time, it’s still showing improvement. Some other positive notes, only 4 penalty strokes, that’s way down. My putting was less than desirable at 42 putts for the round. I hit 5 out of 14 fairways. I just have to work on those “blow up” holes. I had three holes where I scored an 8. Snowmen suck. I don’t like them at all.

All in all it was a great day. I got to play a round with my Friend and golfing brother, Randy. The weather was AWESOME and I’m proud of my progress, like I’ve said before, it’s not as fast as I’d like it to be, but it is going to take some time, and I know that.

No comments:

Post a Comment