110 is an embarrassment, especially after what I did yesterday at Conestoga. It would be easy to blame it on the weather, but that would just be an excuse. I just sucked ass today. What was really frustrating was I had a phenomenal range session. Was hitting the ball crisp, clean and straight! Hole one I connected on my tee shot, but I was aimed a little left so it carried in the waste area to the left of the fairway. I hit a bad second shot and followed that up with a 9i that ran up and over the green. I made what I thought was an excellent chip, great placement and speed, I was about sixty feet from the hole going downhill and landed the chip right where I wanted it to be. Then it just kept rolling and rolling and rolling AND ROLLING! All the way across the green and I still had a ways to the pin.
The next hole was worse. Tee shot in the water, that was the result of a very bad slice (where it came from I had no idea). Second shot was OK, left myself with a nice pitch shot to the green. Well I shanked that back into the lake, the second water ball on that hole.
Third hole I hit a very nice iron to the green from the tee box, it rolled through and was in a decent spot. Putted through the rough and left myself a nice little three footer for par. Three putts later my day was officially wrecked and I never recovered.
The weather was bad. It was cold and very, very windy today. Every tee shot I hit seemed like it was spinning off either to the right or to the left. To further explain my misery check this out. I hit my tee shot on number twelve, it was straight but a bit left. I was sure it was OB and so was everyone else. So I hit my provisional shot and just tattooed it. The ball flight had a slight draw to it and it ended up dead center about 260 yards away. It felt amazing. On the way up the fairway I found my first shot! Don't get me wrong I was happy I didn't have to take the penalty but DAMN that was a great drive. I hit a very nice 7i out of the rough and had a nice little 50 yard wedge to the green. I hit that shot FAT and ended up with a six!
The only good news of the day for me was after tallying up the NET scores I still have a two stroke lead over Randy. With Rio Secco to go tomorrow.
Here is the standings after round two:
Scratch:
Randy - (91,94) - 185
Pat - (96,94) - 190 (-5)
Matt - (99,110) - 209 (-24)
Net:
Matt - (66,83) - 149
Randy - (72,79) - (-2)
Pat - (82,83) - (-16)
Pat's Dad Butch had an Eagle from about 13 yard out on the par five number six hole. That was really cool to see, I was about half way between him and the hole and watched it hit the green, roll for about 50 feet and drop in. That was cool to see.
![]() |
| Butch & Pat driving up after Butch holed out. |
Added something new over on the "PAGES" box. Its a link to a YouTube page I set up for the blog. Check it out.

No comments:
Post a Comment